by: anonymous_user - 17th February 2008

I do not have a lot of time to write this review, so I will get staight to the point. If accomodations are not important then this may be the place for you. I really do not understand the positive reviews this place received on Trip Advisor and other sights. Please read below... Our first cabin/lodge was rustic and old, but it was visibly not cleaned very well and we saw a nice, healthy mouse in the kitchenette. There was also evidence of insects and just plain filth through out the cabin. We moved rooms to the "hotel" and it, too, had issues in addition to its lack of cleanliness. The bathtub drain was clogged and we ended up taking a shower in shin deep water that as it turn out was full of other people's hair and God only knows what else. We ended our family vacation a day early and our money was refunded for the entire length of our stay as well as the ski rentals. As far as the skiing...I've been to several other ski resorts and this seemed like a decent place to bring our three kids that have never skied before. The lessons are not that good and two of the three instructors I would rate as below average as instructors. (Turning was emphasised, but stopping was never even addressed during the lessons.) The snow was great, but due to a lack of staffing lift #4 was not operating and lift #3 was broken. The Poma Lift, which is billed as the "kids/practice slope", is not kid friendly and the ski instructors did not even show our kids how to use either of the lifts. Consequently, they were frustrated and we spent most of our time away from the slopes sledding and playing in the national forest. Go to another slope and lodge.