by: k Hutchison - 3rd January 2010

Lots of NICE trails, FAST lifts, nice people, terrain parks, boarder friendly, family friendly
A little further than some, but worth it.

My family has been to all the ski areas in NM plus several in CO., Utah, and even Montana and we LOVE Angel Fire!! We've skiied there close to 20 times and never had a bad experience. We love the rapid lifts and our choice of front or back side of the mountain, which offer a perfect range of runs and terrain parks. Usually no lift lines, we've only experienced occasional moderate waits, (but I understand they can have longer lines at the classic vacation periods...Christmas and Spring Break). Their shuttle to/from the parking area is great and runs frequently, usually dropping you right at your vehicle with friendly drivers (sure beats the major hike at the Santa Fe Ski Area parking lot, for instance) They offer money saving deals (6 pack of passes for $129...Sunday only deals...lift/lodging deals) good for folks on a budget. Overall a beautiful mountain staffed by beautiful people. I highly recommend it!