Mountain Creek Resort Review

by: milnergroup - Mar 21, 2007

Date Visited: Mar 21, 2007

Mountain Creek's grooming, service and amenities bring it down to a complete ZERO.

Many lifts are constantly closed or have 40-60 minute wait time. People are rude and cut in line without remorse. The staff (high school kids) does not know nor care to organize the flow of people.

It is completely unsafe for children to ski on the mountain nor the bunny slopes. The patrons are absolutely crazy and the staff....well I didn't see any on the mountain, aside a few times when Ski Patrol was bringing bodies off the mountain to the waiting ambulance by the "Restaurant/Locker" area.

The restaurant/locker area smells like feet and sweat. The lines are LOOOONG for the chicken nuggets that have been sitting under the lights for hours.

The maintenance shop was a disaster. I wanted to install bindings for my wife's new skis, they didn't know how...They gave me the screwdriver, and I had to do it myself.

You are always guaranteed ice on the mountain and the company does not care to do anything after President's weekend, even if the weather is cold.
They shutdown half of the mountain right after Prez Weekend for the rest of the season.

Don't even think about buying a season pass, you will not get your money's worth. (I think mine was under $300 and I'm angry I got suckered into buying it)

It is a shock that Intrawest (the same company that owns Whistler and Tremblant) owns this resort. They should just shut this thing down.

Don't waste your time.