by: anonymous_user - 6th December 2007

Mountain Creek is the WORST mountain to ski on. The owners, Intrawest Resorts, have cut snow making budgets to build a new lodge. First, if you would like to ski/board on ice then Mtn creek is the place. Secondly, the employees they hire are just High School kids trying to make a few bucks before the season ends. Vernon doesn't have that many employment oportunities so the kids work here. The training they receive is mediocre at best. I have seen the decline of Mtn. Creek through the years and now refuse to give my $ to Intrawest after seeing how they purposly try to save $ by not making snow during perfect oportunities. I have bought many season passes there and refuse to spend another dollar. There was this one time the quad broke down leaving us standing/hanging on the lift mid-mountain for 2 hours. When they finally did fix the lift they gave us a coupon for a free hot chocolate! Another day I slipped on the ice when my board couldn't stop and actually seriously injured my back requiring surgery. I've been riding for 10 yrs by then and never had a fall like that. I laid on the snow on the side of the trail for 50 min waiting for ski patrol that never came. During that time I had 3 riders crash into me that were riding out of control! So if you would like to ski on icy dangerous conditions at a resort where the owners don't care then this would be the place to go.