by: MrSnow - 22nd February 2012

Hotel Room was nice
Staffing, Skiing, Rentals, Food, etc.

This was my second visit in two years, and this year confirmed my poor experience from last year. First, parking is terrible, and their shuttle drivers are rude. Next when I was walking into the Red Tail Lodge, I witneseed three Mountain Creek employees yelling at driver attempting to drop off her kids at the front entrance. The mom literally was stopped for less than a minute and she was being berated for attempting to drop off her husband and kids. Compare this to most mountains where they have time limit drop off zones. The final straw came when I was waiting to pick up my rental skiis (outdoors). You hand your rental receipt to an individual (in this case a lady), who turns around and hands it off to one of 5 or 6 runners. My ticket ended up in stack of rental tickets. 20 minutes later after waiting for my skiis, and seeing dozens of people who came after me and get their skiis before me, I asked about my skiis and commented that their system was poorly thought out. A lady next to me turned and said to me you are absolutely right (apparently she was waiting also). A minute later a manager walked over and said I should keep my comments to myself, and that if I had an issue she would be happy to call over security. Wow, never again. I'm happy to take my business elsewhere, and so should you (in my humble opinion). By the way, the standing open gondolla is terrible compared to the alternatives, and the mountains were poorly groomed. And finally, when I was taking my young kids down some of the green beginner trails, you see the ocassional speed skier or snowboarder (not atypical at all mountains) but I was surprised to see Mountain Creek employees barreling down the mountain creating potential hazards.