by: curbdog - 20th March 2011

Variety; Park; Girls
Not beginner friendly; Ski Patrol; Staff

I'm just your typical weekend NY snowboarder putting in 15-20 days per season, and for me Mountain Creek is lots of fun. Just make sure you have your ski or board control down if you plan on enjoying this hill on a weekend. There will be tons of obstacles (beginners) hanging out at the merges for you to show off your skills. This is part of the fun & challenge. I spend most of my time on Vernon Peak and the runs there are satisfying enough. I wouldn't suggest bringing youngsters to Creek because Ski Patrol is usually no where to be found and enforcement is basically non-existent. There will be people bombing hills where the blacks merge right into greens where the beginners love to congregate, so be aware. The resort staff are mostly local teens; well that's that. Mountain Creek is a nice place, and it seems they work hard on the resort part of it. I would like if the management took more time to make it a smoother and safer operation for families. Overall I think they did a really good job with the mountain, though.