by: anonymous_user - 5th March 2008

Years ago I went to Ragged fairly often. The prices were good and there was a good variety of trails. Then the ownership seemed to get into trouble and the snowmaking became poor and the whole experience became unpleasant. Hearing there was new ownership I went back up last Monday. It was a nice ski day and there had been a good dumping. Anyway, conditions were great and there was a great snow base. Grooming was just perfect. There were no lines and my friend and I pretty much had the mountain to ourselves. Unfortunately, the Spear Mt lift was not operating so we had a limited number of trails. That would be my only complaint. Even so, we found a good variety of trails to try. There are plenty of glades, but not too many really steep trails. The base lodge is perfectly OK. Staff were helpful and friendly but whining a little at being not busy enough. Prices at Ragged are very good, and they have all kinds of midweek deals including two for one on Tuesdays. Overall, I would say that Ragged is a great value and definitely worth checking out. It is a great deal for families and has enough variety to keep everyone happy. I am hopeful that those years of insufficient snowmaking are well and truly over.