by: anonymous_user - 1st December 2005

I used to go to Ragged Mountain from time to time when I was younger. At the time I was more of a novice skier and because I was, I didn't want or need to go all the way up north. I've since returned with my family for the first time in over 10 years, and I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. A lot of work has been done to the place. There's got to be at least twice the number of trails now and they have new state-of-the-art chair lifts. I never had to wait in a line. That combined with the shorter travel distance meant there was a lot more actual ski time in a day.Now that I have a family, I was a little bit concerned if there would be enough there for everyone. But there are trails for people at all stages of skiing from novice to expert. I even put my son into a ski school for kids and he had a great time. Meanwhile, daddy was having a blast on the slopes. I can believe I've let myself be away from skiing as long as I have, but you know how it goes. the family comes along and priorities get flipped upside down. Now that the kids aren't babies anymore, I'm going to come back as often as possible. Forget the extra travel time and crowds; Ragged Mountain has got everything that I and my family needs.