by: b_alpha - 10th March 2014

Variety of terrain, Nice employees, Other visitors, Nice lift
Smaller & lacking some amenities of large mountains

I was really impressed with Ragged on my first visit there. I have been to many resorts in New England, large and small, and Ragged really delivered. Their 6-person chairlift gets you to the top really fast. The groomed runs were interesting with many bumps, twists, and little jumps on intermediate/advanced runs, but wide gentle areas on the greens for beginners. The glades were excellent, with glades at the blue, black, and double-black level all being fun and interesting without overly intimidating. The staff were really friendly, and the kind lady working the desk saw me trying to charge my phone in the morning and offered to let me leave it with her behind the desk to charge all day! I noticed that there seemed to be a lot of relatively competent skiiers as well, with most people owning their own equipment. The only downsides: the mountain is relatively south for New England and doesn't get the temperature benefit that northern mountains get; and there are no super steep double blacks, if that's your jam. Pleasantly surprised and wholly enjoyed the day! I look forward to going back.