by: diptam - 12th January 2009

Nice varied terrain , has onsite day care as well !
No high speed lifts

I used to go to Wachusett in yr 2006-08 but was kind of tired by the high price and wait time in the lifts. Was just searching for a comparable Ski area with 1hr from Boston - heard about Pats Peak which is 1 hr 7 mins, so i thought of giving a shot. I was pleasantly surprised ... The Terrains are pretty varied and longer , ticket price is less and the lines for the lift is pretty less. Also I do not own my equipments , so got a package for rental plus whole day Skiing - for a fantastic price ( also if you want to start skiing say 2-3 pm , the package price falls below 50). I'm telling you same amount of Skiing would have cost me $20-25 more at Wachusett/visit ( no offense intended , just stating facts) Also they have a special feature for folks with families "on-site" - its a day care , i never used it but we went down there and spoke to them , sounds pretty nice. The best Thing i liked that they have Green , Blue , Black , Double Black all 4 starting from Summit ... I never did 'Double Black' but the blue and black's are pretty interesting and varied. You never feel bored. Ooh another thing - they have live music in the Pub starting 6 Pm , so if you going there for 2 thru tillend PM , you can take ur 20 min breaks upstairs , warm up and go back... In love the whole package of things that Pats peak offers...