Good luck if you have a accident they wont help you!

by: mmfitzgerald_83 - Feb 22, 2013

Pros: Will not help you if you are injured!

Cons: Does not disclose safety information.

Date Visited: Feb 1, 2013

Had a random freak accident and was ignored by staff day of and when contacting them after due to severity of injuries!

The staff in no way makes any effort to inform people of any rules or safety measures for tubing! And the mesh fencing with exposed metal poles is a huge safety risk!

My husband and I thought the tubing sounded like a fun way to spend the day. We have done it at numerous places in Massachusetts and always enjoyed it. Usually before you go down the hill or when you are purchasing the tickets some asks if you have tubed with them before. It is usually then explained the tubing rules for that specific hill. If you can lie on your stomach or if they prefer you to sit in the tube legs out, if you can go down in groups or not etc. My husband went down ahead of me and sat in his tube. The person who told him he was "clear to go" looked at him and never said we don't allow sitting like that here. It was after he slammed into the netting at the top of the hill you have for breaking that the girl at the bottom told him he could not sit like that and needed to drag his feet. I layed down on my stomach to go down and not only went to the top of the brake hill but as my tube got caught in the mesh you have at the top it sent me flying in the air. I was lucky to come down on the same side of the net as the tubing hill and not on the back side and I very clearly remember looking down with the netting underneath me having no clue which side I was going to land on and praying it was the tubing hill side. As I came down my head hit on the metal pole they have holding the mesh up. When I landed at the bottom the girl said to me extremely coldly "you didn't drag your feet." Falling head over heals down the stopping slope my shirt and coat rode up to a mortifying level and at that point I left and did not take the time to evaluate my injuries and ask for insurance information. When we got back to our hotel I realized that not only did I have a bump on my head, but a chipped and cracked front tooth (which I now find out requires a root canal) as well as numerous bruises and a fat lip that appeared the next morning.
The staff in no way makes any effort to inform people of any rules or safety measures! And the mesh fencing with exposed metal poles is a huge safety risk!