Good for short afternoon day trips

by: speedymcjiggy - Apr 10, 2011

Pros: fine during midweek, close to home

Cons: Crowded during POP, slow lifts, quirky layout, small, lack of ungroomed terrrain, rentals falling apart

Recommended For: Singles, Family Friendly

Date Visited: Mar 1, 2011

Pat's Peak is alright, although last time I went someone stole my googles... The beginners really need to learn to stick with their ability level. I'm a racer/all mountain skier/rider and I went down this trail called "Tornado" and there was one mother and her daughter both in the widest pizza barely moving at all looking like she was looking down a legitimate double black diamond (that pats peak lacks in, then again all of NH does) and there were a couple of snowboarders just standing there looking down and I couldn't really let it out on that run. It's great that they have night skiing, but if you're on Hurricane stay away from skiers left of the huge hump in the middle because you have lights flashing in your eye and then darkness and the lights and then darkness. They could at least point the lights down the hill instead of in skiers eyes. When I learned here the rentals were falling apart, I wonder if they fixed them...