Best for Beginners

by: thesnowboarder - Feb 6, 2010

Pros: Multiple ways to get to top, close to home, yummy fries.

Cons: Bad layout, flats everywhere, slow lifts that stop every other second, terrible rentals, extremely easy

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2010

To be honest, I hate this ski area. I was okay with it last year-but only because the only trails I went on were the bunny slopes. I'm more of a higher level intermediate now and it is really boring. If you want to get to the only "fast" lift you have to hike uphill. Their other lifts are located practically in the parking lot probably just so they can add another 100-200 feet of vertical. A lot of their terrain has flat parts that are almost impossible to get through. I used their rentals, which by the way seem to get bigger every week, and their bindings were falling off, the laces are extremely hard to tie and the boards don't have stomp pads. I cut my fingers up trying to get the boots tied. The bindings were so loose that I kept slip sliding around on black diamonds that I am normally confident on- not safe at all. It takes maybe 10-30 minutes to get to the summit-which can take longer and usually does due to newbs falling off every other second. They also advirtised on their website that they had all trails and lifts open, but one of the lifts doesn't exist and some are not even set up yet. I would gladly take my money to Crotched-a better layout and much more vertical and it's cheaper in terms of lift tickets.