by: Ontheslopes - 4th January 2009

Awesome grooming/snowmaking, long trails, family friendly
Awful terrain park music, not much variety for expert

Sunapee is a great mountain with the best grooming and snowmaking of any mountain I've been to. The trails are long and the views are fabulous. Intermediate is the group Sunapee is best suited for. This is great for them, but I'd like there to be more variety of black and double black terrain. The family aspect of Sunapee is also great, with good lessons and family-friendly runs. Some of these runs, however, get a fair share of idiots, so do them carefully. I have a few complaints about Sunapee. The lack of challenging expert choices really is dissapointing, but if they expand to steeper terrain they will make me want to come back more. I'm also not 100% satisfied with the lifts at Sunapee. The Sunbowl area has great terrain, but it has a very slow fixed grip quad servicing it. There is a similar situation with North Peak, but it has a triple chair and not a quad. They really should replace these lifts with Express Quads. Finally, the terrain park music (at least when I was there) was horrible. It was a deep, depressing drone that constantly repeated. Overall, Sunapee is a great mountain despite the complaints I just talked about.