by: mike - 28th December 2008

Spring skiing in dec
Started to rain at around 1

Saturday Dec. 27 once again I did not have to share a chair almost all day. On the ride up and about five minutes from the mountain it started to rain. This may account for the poor attendance. However, the rain stoped 2 seconds after I got out of the truck , so I walked over to the lineless ticket window and purchased my lift ticket. I didnt know what the weather was going to do, so I planned to ski hard with no breaks.Took the SunapeeExpress to the top. The visability was bad for the first hundred yards or so , but got better as you came down. The snow was perfect, and remained that way all day. I did stop to eat my sandwich at around 11. I got there early enough so that I could park in the front row and got to ski right to my truck. I ate in the truck and watched the few skiers that were there, come down the hill and not wait to go back up. After lunch, I got back on the mountain and skied till it rained at around 1:30. I was bummed about the short day but still left with a smile on my face.