Firsthand, user-generated ski reports from Loon Mountain.

Loon Mountain +
Packed powder
posted 11 day(s) ago by Chief Brody

Enjoyed a great day at Loon! With such a weak snowfall winter so far, I was nervous about conditions but I was pleasantly surprised. Icy patches here and there but easy to spot and avoid and very good surface overall. A little more icy as it got to about 2:30 but that is the norm for New England I find. A beautiful day about 40 degrees and no wind. I always worry about crowds at Loon too but it wasn't bad today. I was skiing single so definitely moved quick and got about 20 full runs in by 2:30... but all lines were staying reasonable and moving quick. Great skiing, great weather, great staff. I drove home very satisfied with my day even while cutting it about an hour short of closing.
Packed powder
posted 11 day(s) ago by anon

Conditions were great today (sunday). Small lines, no ice, good coverage. One good storm from opening up some glades.
Machine Groomed
posted 11 day(s) ago by Greg's iPhone

Saturday was outstanding. Can't say enough about how good a job loon has done with the snow in a season with no snow! Keep it up! Only gripe is why wasn't the East Basin chair running all morning?
Loon Mountain +
Hard Packed
posted 12 day(s) ago by iPhone

Hard packed snow with a patchy icy spots. Very crowded so long lift lines, park far away, etc. Lots of terrain open though - pretty much everything but the glades. Go to North and South peaks for the good stuff. I give 'em credit for having fair conditions and a lot of runs alackluster snowfall year thusfar. Got a solid ski day in
Machine Groomed
posted 12 day(s) ago by Ricky

For what the weather has been like, today was great skiing at loon. Obviously crowded since it was a weekend, but lines were avoidable. South Peak and the Gondola were packed, but we never had to wait in a line at the Kanca Express. Obviously runs got skied off, but Loon has done a great job of making snow and grooming.