by: eewdad - 20th January 2010

• Nightlife
Well marked trails, easy to navigate
n/a

My daughter and I managed to ski Loon on a Tuesday. The weather was very overcast with snow throughout the day. Without a doubt, this worked in our favor. The mountain had no lines, no waiting. We skied all three peaks without pulling out a trailmap. My daughter is 10 years old and she had no problems skiing the whole mountain. Before the mountain opened, the lift operators were running checks on the equipement with a ski patrol person. By accident, one of the operators "broke" the lift. All three apologized and the ski patrol gentleman even skied under the ropes to let us know it would be down for a bit. I thought this was great since we were the only ones there and it gave us time to cross over to another lift. After one run, the lift was working and operator remembered us and joked with us. This was one of the best days of skiing we have had in awhile. Whole mountain skiing, easy access throughout, good employees and great trails. Not sure how it would be during a weekend, but we were very surprised and happy with our day.