by: Dave - 1st December 2009

Good gromming, Great mountain
Night tubeing is not longer fun

I have stayed at loon mountain every year since 1992 and I love it. There have been good times and bad but lately its been great. Mainly when they opened south peak it freed up some of the lift lines and my last week I spent up there the lift lines were non existent and the groomed terrain with a few inches of powder made for a fine time. Though I will admit I am disapointed that the night tubing is no longer at snubber. Back a few years ago it was much more enjoyable going down on unstearable tubes being told only to have fun and not given a safety brief and being told how to sit in them ect ect ect......so the thrill is gone. But other than that if your one of the first people on the mountain your gona have a great day. Though stay clear of the greens if your skilled they sometimes become congested and the blues are easy to find. Triple trouble, angel street, ripsaw and upper walking boss are among my favorite trails. I reccomend that you just stay on the mountain if your going to stay there. You get free parking and the ammenities are good. For food eating at the summit is a fun experience, mcloons are my staple diet when im in town. So yeah great mountain visit it.