by: Leslie - 26th March 2012

Lots still open
WHO are these picky people

Ok I kept ready all these mixed reviews and was worried but against my better judgement we drove 3.5 hours to get here. For weeks my son has been bugging me to come back so he could hit the terrain park. I am happy to report that: 1) there is plenty of snow 2) there were no people on the mountain (!) 3) it was warm out and this made it a lot more fun than those sub-zero days Yes there were a few bare spots here and there but not many and nothing like I was expecting. Still quite deep snow. It is spring skiing, dont get me wrong - a but soft/slushy and not dry powder, but after one run I was very used to it and having a ball with tips down straight shot down runs that are not so fast and out of control like it can get with powder. 2 terrain parks open and with no people around you could take your time and have some fun. Now for the good news. Loon is expecting some massive amount of international kids next week and with a week of sub 30 degree days, you can bet they are going to blow some big-time snow to make sure they dont lose this group. So dont put those skis away yet! I'm really amazed Im even saying that, but Im thinking Im going to get one more shot at it before it all melts away....