by: Sabrina - 17th March 2014

No lines
Greed over small gains brings big losses

Went with a 2-hour tubing deal from NH Daily Deal. Got completely lost and off track by an hour driving there. Called along the way to clarify directions as their address wouldn't register in GPS. Finally arrived at 5pm only to be told we could use only one hour of our 2 hour tubing package. I literally just cried. Frustrated for being lost, sad for my kids, and just deflated over lack of understanding and compassion. Apparently they start "glow" tubing right at 6pm and the owner wouldn't not allow our remaining hour to over lap unless we paid another $25 each (=$100) which would have totaled $150 (including coupon purchase) for two hours of tubing. I was disappointed beyond as we were on a budget and had such troubles getting there. To top it off, it was my family of 4 and only one other family snow tubing. It was empty. After our 1 hr and upon leaving, the owner was willing to lower the $25 per person fee to $15, but firstly we had only dinner money left as we promised our kids supper out and secondly, we were so turned off by the sheer chintzy greediness of it all. We declined and left. As a business owner myself, I am a compromising and understanding person. When life happens and inconveniences arise, I always strive to keep the peace and my clients happy. Being that it was so slow and unoccupied that day, I would've just said finish up your second hour and enjoy it. But sadly instead, it was all about $$. Make happy those who are near, and those who are far will come. Words to live by running a business.