I love this place!

by: thesnowboarder - Jan 10, 2010

Pros: Perfect on a powder day, huge, challenge, cheap, nice rentals, many lifts

Cons: Top can be windy/icy

Recommended For: Singles, Empty Nesters

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2010

I went to Cannon on a powder day (21 inches of the fresh stuff!) and must say this is the place to go! There is quite a bit of beginner terrain on a separated part of the mountain for a discounted price, but not much on the actual mountain. At the top I went down Tramway and it was so windy on the icy parts it was pushing me up the mountain! But once you get towards the end you get more powder. Rabit Run and Turkey Trot in the beginner area are almost never tracked and had so much powder I had to walk through it instead of ride! Same thing with Time Zone! After awhile their beginner trails got kinda icy, but still remained ski/ridable. I would definately come back another day after a blizzard! Another thing, most of Raven Run is going uphill, so don't go on it unless you want to pole uphill. If the riders want to get to the beginner terrain park they should just take the handle tow up to the top of Huckerbrook. Overall, my trip to Cannon was great!