by: keneikirk - 14th December 2009

good mixture of trails, friendly staff, not crowded
none

I took my family of 8 and we had a great time skiing here! None of our 6 kids had ever skiied but they all did well. The first day I had them take lessons and since it was early in the season there was nobody else learning so lots of attention. The lifts are really close to the lodge so easy to come and go and stay aware of where everyone was. My wife and I hadn't skiied in over 20 years but we took back to it quickly and enjoyed green advanced and intermediate trails that were open. Because it was early in the season there weren't a lot of trails open but it was sufficient for us. Bretton Woods was also the only resort with beginner trails during most of the week we were in the area so it was our only real option, but we were thrilled with it. I had previously only skiied at 3 places - Wisp (western Md), Liberty (southern PA), and Camelback (Poconos - PA) and Bretton Woods is more mountain than any of those. If you are used to better, then you might be disappointed with BW but I highly recommend it for beginning skiers and families.