More like a steep hill than a mountain

by: b_alpha - Jan 28, 2013

Pros: Glades cleared enough for snowboarders

Cons: Everything else

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2012

This is by far my least favorite of the dozen or so parks in New England I've visited. The "blacks" are at best blues at any other New England park. It's definitely family friendly, as it's swarmed with kids of age 14 or younger and older parents and grandparents, who like to zigzag back and forth across the entire run very slowly. They also had youth teams training while I was there, and they didn't block off the run or anything, so we all had to share the one "steep" groomer in the whole park with a team of kiddos. However, the snow quality was good as they'd just had a bunch of natural snow the day I visited.

The most fun I had all day was when I went on a closed trail in some glades (closed due to poor coverage) with my skier friend and some other random skiers of about the same age and adventurous nature. We had to jump a small creek and make it over some hidden rocks and stumps. If you're a serious rider or skier and you get stuck here for a day...this is at least a way to keep it interesting.