by: mozo - 3rd April 2010

Lots of trails;good snow coverage for April in NH.
Poorly situated trail signs;expensive cafeteria

Although it was Good Friday,there were virtually no lift lines,and the variety of well covered trails was impressive. The views of snow capped Mt. Washington and the other presidentials were great .We almost had the west side of the area to ourselves at times.My only gripes would be: 1. the location of the trail signs,which often only pointed in the vague direction of where the trails actually began ( All five of us rarely knew the name and level of the trail we were skiing on,an important consideration for skill- challenged low intermediates like me who want reasonable assurance of making it down without having to battle all the way.)2. The cafeteria prices were ,as at most resorts,bordering on obscene.However,we've learned to bring our own food.Underestimating how warm it would be,however,we were all ripped off on the soft drinks we had to buy to slake our raging thirst.I think someresort would draw crowds by having reasonably priced victuals.Despite these two complaints,however,we had a wonderful day of skiing -better,in fact,than we expected.