Attitash Mountain Village is getting old

by: shanewicken - Jan 21, 2010

Pros: Snowmaking, grooming, Downhill Terrain, Lodge, lift lines

Cons: Dated, can be icy with natural snow

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2010

First time we have been at attitash in a long time (20years). We went MLK weekend and had a great time on the slopes. Saturday the conditions after lunch were very icy and skied out. The area has not had any real snow in a couple of weeks so we were not to surprised by this. Sunday morning the conditions were great the mountain was nicely groomed and we all had a great time in the Parks all day long open to close. Sunday night they recieved about 5-6" of the real stuff and made skiing on Monday morning absoltely great. Now on to the resort. We had a 2bd 2 bath condo across the street at the Attitash Mountain Village on a RCI exchange. The Condo was very clean. These condos are dated and the appliances are from about the late 80's to early 90's and are alittle noisy. It was a three level condo with the Master upstairs were the was no bathroom. Also there was no way to get out of the third floorin the event of a fire. The top floor has two crank open skiylights but they would not open far enough to get out. They did provide a fire ladder, but I am not sure which window I would use in the event of a fire. Also we had to combine the dishes from the kithcenette on the second foor and the full kitchen on the first floor in order to serve everyone in out family of 5. If you are able to get into the resort and stay slopesie or trailside those condo are much newer and are a much better option, but I was not able to find out where we were staying until the four oclock hour on check in. The resort was very admiant on this point to the point of being rude. I can understand it if the resort is full, but talking with a few owners who were there they said that the resort has been basically empty for the who winter. (Only owners are coming up this year) This has been the first resort that would not let us check in a couple hours early. I would definately go back if I had atleast three days of skiing, but I would probably stay somewhere else. ALso you are like 30 minutes from 4 other ski resorts in the white mountain valley.