by: Mike - 19th November 2010

45mins from the Strip
Expensive, 3 Lifts, No Discounts/Specials

I snowboarded LVSSR for the first time in the 09-10 season. At first I thought it was decent. After going to Brianhead and Mt. High I was greatly disapointed with LVSSR. I went to LVSSR a total of 4-5 times... The rest were spent at Brainhead and Mt high( I live in Vegas and Los Angeles) The reasons for disapointment: 3 lifts... 1 leading to bunny slopes, 2nd leading to a downhill, 3rd leading to a mediocre park. That's it... Of course there are a couple different paths to choose from but nothing amazing. The main dissapointment is the price... $55 for half day and $60 for full day! Really?! This is how you treat your locals? There is not even any specials. No night skiing. No discounts. Nadda! I do see potential if they can lower the prices and have specials... ala: 2ppl-4-1 days, Half price days, $10 off days, Stamp cards(Buy 4 days get ur 5th day free) SOMETHING! ANYTHING! Night skiing would be great too! Also LVSSR has a lot of moutain to work with, if they expanded more, added some more lifts up the mountain it could be a big resort and possibly worth the $60.