LVSSR has potential

by: El Shred - Nov 19, 2010

Pros: 45mins from the Strip

Cons: Expensive, 3 Lifts, No Discounts/Specials

Date Visited: Nov 1, 2010

I snowboarded LVSSR for the first time in the 09-10 season. At first I thought it was decent. After going to Brianhead and Mt. High I was greatly disapointed with LVSSR. I went to LVSSR a total of 4-5 times... The rest were spent at Brainhead and Mt high( I live in Vegas and Los Angeles)
The reasons for disapointment: 3 lifts... 1 leading to bunny slopes, 2nd leading to a downhill, 3rd leading to a mediocre park. That's it... Of course there are a couple different paths to choose from but nothing amazing. The main dissapointment is the price... $55 for half day and $60 for full day! Really?! This is how you treat your locals? There is not even any specials. No night skiing. No discounts. Nadda!
I do see potential if they can lower the prices and have specials... ala: 2ppl-4-1 days, Half price days, $10 off days, Stamp cards(Buy 4 days get ur 5th day free) SOMETHING! ANYTHING! Night skiing would be great too!
Also LVSSR has a lot of moutain to work with, if they expanded more, added some more lifts up the mountain it could be a big resort and possibly worth the $60.