by: leerampolla - 4th February 2010

Close to Vegas Strip (for visitors)
Price, Overcrowded, Terrain

Ok, here we go again! Skied the joint again Last Thursday on account my young nephew conned me into going. This day had an abundace of snow, it snowed all week 55' base. But even with all the snow, it is still a lot of work. Sticky, half groomed runs due to thier lack of equipment. And $60 per lift ticket...C'mon. I have Been skiing this park every year for the last 27 years. Every time I ski it, I tell myself, never again. When I started skiing there in 1983 the lift prices were $16. I know everything goes up in price but I think $60 is a bit much for this old rock pile. I have skied all over N. America in the past 27 years, this is the only place that I ever got hurt! If you catch a perfect day, plenty of snow (very seldom), a lot of sun (improves icy conditions) you can have a good time. I live on the northwest part of Vegas 10 miles from the strip, closer to the park. I can be in the parking lot from my front door in 35 minutes, this is a big part of why I continue to ski here. Even on a Thursday, with only 3 lifts you will wait in line for a chair. I don't know, everybodys different, I am born and raised in Vegas so maybe thats why Im being so negative, since I've seen prices skyrocket on everything here in the last 12 years. So if your visiting and you check the Skiing conditions I would say check it out. It beats Blowing $100 in a casino anyday! NOTE: The photo was from 1995!