Read this for the real word on Whitefish resort

by: beanpole - Dec 3, 2009

Pros: No Crowds!, Fun nightlife, Top notch restaurants, other wintertime activities

Cons: Ummmm, nothing!

Date Visited: Dec 1, 2008

I live in Florida and have been coming here since 1990. I like Whitefish so much I ended up building a house here a few years back. As a seasoned skier/snowboarder my numero uno top things to look for in a ski resort are 1.) No lines... hence, more skiing, 2.) No celebrities...yeah , that includes you, Jon Gosselin! 3.) No Mink coat shops... see item #2. If you want family atmosphere, it's here. Want gourmet dinners in town and nightlife, it's here, Want theater and shows with Broadway talent and facilities to match, it's here. Not only that, try getting out of downhill for a day or afternoon and take a short drive to Glaicier national park and rent Xcountry skis to hear a splendid silence of the park that is almost deafening in our plugged in world. The silence and wildlife might just amaze some of the naysayers out there who find Whitefish a little too, umm, "foggy". Go back to Aspen and Sun Valley, it won't offend the rest of us.