by: Family Vacationer - 9th April 2009

snow on the ground
same price as a major resort but no frills

My family decided to go somewhere new so this was our 1st trip here and found it didn't live up to the expectations that resort claims to have, very disappointing. This is not the place for new families to come. We rented a "ski in ski out" condo advertised right next to the beginner area but when we arrived it ended up being a huge problem because ski school is far out of the way. It really put a damper in the ski in ski out. If you or your kids don't know how to ski you have to find a shuttle somewhere in the upper condo village area down to the base village area, which can be hard to find for some reason. Our trip had a couple days of fog and a few days of clear but the fog really outweighed the clear. It is true that most of the mountain has short ski runs followed by a long catwalk around the mountain i felt like I spent more time on flat catwalks and lifts than actual skiing. I would expect to find this at a little ski hill but for a major ski resort to only have one high speed chair on the front is crazy especially when paying 60+ dollars. Also the eating facilities are stretched very thin up in the mountain village, if you stay there for 1 or 2 days fine but a week will get very old. We also tried to go out and get some groceries in the village but the store was out of almost everything and was told that is just how it has been all year? why even have one in the first place? If we were to come back I would stay in town and ride the free bus transportation to and from the ski area for a fraction of the price. and might wait for a better lift system.