Fun Family Four-Day Weekend

by: xtine618 - Feb 26, 2012

Pros: AWESOME MILITARY DISCOUNT! Great staff

Cons: Fog, expensive food

Date Visited: Feb 1, 2012

First, I have to say that I can only review a very small area of the mountain. We're beginners so we didn't go to the summit. They had really good green runs and it was neat skiing through the vacation condos. And I know there's plenty of blue and black runs throughout the rest of the resort. The fog was pretty heavy our 3 days there, but if you ski in the trees it's not so bad. It lifted a few hours into the morning, but again we weren't as high up in the mountain so it was probably worse at the summit. But it snowed all 3 days we were there so that was a huge plus.

We did night skiing there also and that was awesome. Only 3 chairs were open, but it was our first night skiing experience so we had a blast. They're terrain parks were lit up also. My husband and kids really enjoyed the ramps and the rails they had there.

We had a great vacation and I highly recommend it if you are military. We got 50% off all lift tickets and rentals. Lessons are also 50% off, but we didn't take any. We stayed in Kalispell which was 30 minutes from our hotel to the resort. Not too bad of a drive and more food choices for us. We also went on Presidents Day weekend and there were lots of people but I bet we didn't wait longer than 5 minute in any lift lines.