- Overall Rating 4
- Family Friendly 3
- All Mtn. Terrain 4
- Terrain Park 1
- Nightlife 4
Date Visited: Jan 27, 2008
Here is what the bowl is:
- The only ski area for folks from Missoula to ski w/o driving 150 miles round trip.
- A nice local area with a lot of terrain and vertical drop, as well as some of the best tree skiing around. Seriously.
- Two major storm tracks affect the area from the Pacific and unfortunately for the Bowl the storms mostly go south to the Bitterroot range or north to the Glacier park area.
- Also unfortunately the majority of the mountain and all of the black runs face either due south or southwest (worst). Especially in the beginning and ending of season the snow can be AWFUL. (But with this said the snow can also be GREAT at anytime)
- There is some good hiking access from the area allowing good snow to be found almost anytime.
- I skied here for 7 years and loved it. This mountain breeds REAL skiers, you know, the ones who rip and don't bitch about conditions.
Oh, and here is what the Bowl is not:
- A resort.