Related Regions: Montana, United States, North America

Big Sky Resort Firsthand Reports

Firsthand, user-generated ski reports from Big Sky Resort.

Anonymous

ancient proverb (I think it was Confucius but it could have been my brother): "The worst day of skiing beats the best day of work"

iPhone

Amen brother. Ski mainly Vermont but also go out west to Big Sky, Jackson and others. Any day on the slopes is a good day. Although some days are better than others :-)

Big Sky Resort +

Ladies and gents, no matter where you ski or snowboard time on the snow is EPIC!! From East to West it's all good! Born and raised Big Sky guy but regardless what snow my sticks slide on from "Sierra Cement" to "East Coast Ice" I revel in it!! Let's go skiing Happy Holidays everyone!!

Packed powder 1"
anonymous user

Heavenly is great if you like flat terrain, wet snow, rocks and crowds. Looking forward to our 9th season in Big Sky.

Variable Conditions
guy from millwalkie

Colorado and big sky have very diffrent rules for "storm the castle" so I am in favor of big sky hands down.......

3 years ago - Big Sky Resort.

it was my first bs exper

Yesterday it was -20 at mid mountain. Everyone's boards and skis were sticking to the snow because of the temps. Only 4 lifts plus tram open. I would wait for more snow and slightly warmer temps.

Brian’s iPhone

People who ski in aspen don't typically use the word, "sucks", and they usually are not interested in skiing terrain as extreme as that found in BS. I think you're a local trying to distract people from discovering our secret, and although I applaud your logic, it's not nice to be selfish...

another montana local

Agreed. Big Sky and montana in general sucks. You really should go to aspen.

fresh pow

The report lies go to Colorado they have less lines and better runs and it's -20 so you definitely don't want to be here

Machine Made
holiday skier

Why does Big Sky suck? Heading there after Christmas. Should I expect limited skiing as now or will the whole mountain be open?