by: bob4snow - 10th January 2007

If you're looking for a glitzy ski vacation where you can show off the latest ski fashion and carve the greens and blues in your new high-end all-mountain skis (which are clearly more ski than your level) than forget Big Sky as a skiing destination. BUT if you want to ski in on a WORLD class mountain with plenty of steeps, powder and challenge than Big Sky is the place to go. Not only will the slopes keep you enchanted, but the area around Big Sky is host to some of the finest restaurants found at any ski area. But be careful, like the mountain, they are low key but exciting. How do I know this about Big Ski? Well I'm in my late 40's and have been skiing almost 20 years and fortunate to have lived in Southern Germany for 6 years and skied some of the best Europe has to offer. Besides Europe, I've also been lucky to ski the best North America has to offer, from Whistler to Vail to Steamboat to Crested Butte to Jackson Hole, etc. Thanks to years of work and some good teachers, the mountain is my playground with little terrain left to the imagination. The only reason I give you a little bio about me is that when reading any review, you must consider the source. After all, how many times have you gone to a restaurant that was highly recommended and been completely disappointed? Big Sky is the type of mountain you can fall in love with. It's big, extreme and has everything anyone is looking for, on or off the mountain. So if you must catch a flight from Denver to somewhere, make it Montana for a change and fall in love the way my friends and I have.