It was OK

by: Redfield - Mar 5, 2010

Pros: Very nice area.

Cons: Hard to ski, very icy and dangerous

Date Visited: Feb 1, 2010

I am a beginner skiier (my 4th skiing trip, first time here). This was by far the hardest area I have ever tried to ski. It was so icy and hard as a rock. You could not even hardly poke the ski poke into the ice. If they groomed overnite I could not tell. Most of the young men watching over the Magic Carpet (conveyer belt lift) paid VERY little attention to what was going on. I finally said something to one of the guys running it when there were a couple of mishaps and kids were about to get hurt. People working there were fairly friendly, not rude, but not bending over backwards either to be helpful. Now what I did like about it was that it was casual and comfortable. I noticed what appeared to be grandparents in the lodge playing boardgames and cards while the kids skiied. Very family oriented and reasonalble priced. Food was good and reasonable priced for this type of area. Would I go back? Probably not and certainly would not take someone who had never skiied, I think the icy skiing would be very discouraging. If I could find out that it was easier(not so icy) skiing earlier in the season I would carefully consider going back.