by: carlsonpa - 18th February 2013

They have snow
The worst management for customer service!

While this is the biggest hill in MN, they have the worst customer service. Don't bother asking for the front desk manager, she is a crabby old lady that knows nothing about customer service. Lutsens only concern is to make money. Their lifts are sketchy with center poles (not safe) and they leave some runs half groomed while the other half is chunky ice (this is February, you have plenty of snow to groom the entire run!). They also over charge for their services, $63 for a lift ticket, plus about $20+ in taxes, if you buy online they make you purchase tickets 3 days before you arrive. Who does that? You should be able to purchase tickets anytime online and use them the same day. Most resorts give you a deal if you ski 2 days and decide to ski a 3rd, not Lutsen, they rather get a few extra bucks instead of keep a loyal customer. I used to love going to Lutsen every year. So much so that I have organize a group of 20+ friends for the past 7 years. I will no longer being making those arrangements. I am an advocate for snowboarding/skiing, I have worked for retail ski/snowboard companies and I was a ski/snowboard instructor. I will no longer recommend Lutsen to anyone. I will only warn them of the horrible customer service the poor quality of their equipment. Spirit Mountain is 2hrs closer with better equipment (they at least have a high speed quad) and great customer service.