by: woodnshoe - 16th February 2010

easy runs for newbies
Horrible lift lines and poorly managed resort

We took our family to Sun family night ...it was one of the worst nights of skiing I have ever had. The snow, while great, managed to attract way too many people for the resort to handle properly. They didn't have the staff to handle the long lines, the fiasco of parking and unloading, and the lfts. Then, when our kids finally managed to score their rentals (my husband and I don't need to rent), our kids, being fairly new skiers were stuck to the main quad lift which was jammed with people and not managed properly. there was no single supplement lines to ease the flow of the heavy numbers of people.(they would let singles ride the quad) There were lots of teens skiing who would perpetually cut in line in front of those who managed to properly work their way to the back of the lift line and then the line would stop every couple of loads ...it was an exercise in practicing patience for the entire 4 hours. I suspect we only got about 8 runs in the entire night because of the poorly managed lift. The entire night, I never saw a ski patrol or a staff person who was directling people properly at the resort. They were understaffed and incapable of handling the crowd even tho they had the physical acreage to handle the numbers. It should've been an enjoyable evening of good conditions and good skiing but it turned terrible because of their poorly managed lifts and the lack of a second lift up to the lodge area.