What a GREAT Weekend

by: Gretchen1974 - Jan 25, 2010

Pros: The snow was amazing and everyone was so nice!

Cons: Can't think of any

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2010

Our family arrived at Ski Brule on Friday, Jan 22 & the kids were going to learn to snowboard. We arrived at the rental center at 9:00 and was immediately greeted with a warm welcome and smiling face. We got our gear at rental and the kids headed for their lesson. They are first time snowboarders and I signed them up for the Learn to snowboard program and they got EVERYTHING FREE! Lift, lesson and rental! That was such a relief for a Mom with 3 girls .. didn't break the piggy bank learning... and they did learn and loved it.

Saturday night was so much fun at the Homestead BBQ (Ralda's the BEST) and afterwards at the main lodge for Karokee. We laughed so hard our sides hurt the next morning!

But the highlight of the day was meeting Nick Baumgartner. He's from Ski Brule and is going to the Olympics for snowboard cross. What a nice guy! Best of luck to him. He stopped in at Brule on Saturday to sign autographs before going to the XGames.

A few more unique encounters at Ski Brule during our stay... it's these little things that will keep us coming back: 1. I had to rent and everyone was so helpful at the rental center. An 'angel' named Lisa even helped me get my boots on and made sure I had ones that fit. She suggested going to the Bear's Den to check out the $425 package because my own boots would make the day more enjoyable. 2. The bathrooms were always clean and even had tissues! Much better than toliet paper! 3. I took Lisa's advice and went to the Bear's Den and Sandy helped me find the right boots ... boots that didn't hurt my calves. 30 Minutes later, I was on the slopes with my new skis and comfortable boots. 4. Friendly Staff - my family made a game out of trying to find one staff person that was not 'over the top' friendly and helpful. Needless to say.. we failed!

We're here at Ski Brule for one more day and I have to say, it was the best vacation with the girls in a long time!