Don't Understand the Hype

by: janton311 - Jan 14, 2013

Pros: No crowd at all

Cons: Limited terrain, small "mountain", slow lifts, small lifts, closes early, bad rentals, incompetent staff

Recommended For: Singles

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2013

My family scheduled a ski trip to Brule because of all of the sparkling reviews that I had read and all of the good things I've heard. I have never been so thoroughly disappointed with a resort in my entire. We rented a cottage that was supposed to be five minutes away from the mountain but ended up being a fifteen minute drive away. Some of the people that came with us needed to rent skiis and the staff at the rental facility honestly had no idea what they were doing. I had to adjust the bindings on all of the rented skis myself, they gave us the wrong sized ski poles and the quality of the rental equipment was startling. If someone fell down while getting on or off the lifts the liftees didn't even stop the lift to help them up. They would simply drag you to the side and have you figure it out yourself.
I really don't understand why this resort is even on this site.
I don't feel like I'm being over dramatic b/c I have been to so many other resorts in Michigan all of which are of higher quality than Brule.
I am an expert level skier and an intermediate level snowboarder.