by: mkt - 19th March 2010

Brule still has snow!
none

Everytime I go to Ski Brule, I know why this is the number one hill in Michigan. Spring conditions can really stink but even when everyone else is closing Brule is still making snow, still giving superior customer service, still acting like they WANT you to be there. Spring specials will be great and Brule will still try to make snow and keep it on the slopes for a little while longer - Brule is not joking when they say they are first to open last to close. If you go for the rest of the season, consider waxing for warm conditions. Your skiis will still get dirty and eventually you won't slide downhill easily but you will last longer, also, once it does start to warm up (say around 10:30 or 11) consider staying off the more gentle slopes, there just isn't enough gravity to pull you down with the sticky snow. Otterslide and Whitewater on the frontside are still skiable into the afternoon as is Spillway and North 40 on the backside. Brule is number one for a reason - no one does it better, no one even does it as good. If you think I like it you are right, so much so I'm applying for NSP for next year and I want to make Brule my home hill. Hope to see you there!