Great ski hill, facility needs serious TLC

by: Gearhead - Jan 3, 2010

Pros: Awesome ski hill, beautiful view, short lines, great staff.

Cons: The lodge needs serious TLC

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2010

We used to ski Pine Mt quite a bit in the mid 1990's as it was my kids favorite ski hill at the time. My kids are now adults and we decided to have a family get together and teach my 2 year old grandson how to ski. We reserved a condo for the 2010 New Years weekend. It has been 13 years since we were here last. The staff went out of their way to get us the condo we wanted and is greatly appreciated, thanks Anita. The entire staff in all departments are extremely polite, professional and friendly. The ski hill was in great condition, lift lines short, and the view spectacular as always. I was surprised and a little disappointed in the condition of the main lodge. It doesn't look like it has seen the wet end of a paint brush in years, the carpet in the halls appears to be the same worn out carpet since the last time we were here 13 years ago, the water temp in the hot tub was unacceptably too hot and the pool water was cold. After informing staff that the hot tub water was too hot, they did turn the temp down to an appropriate temp by the following evening althought the pool water temp is still to chilly. The facilty needs some serious TLC but over all, it is still a great place to ski and take the family. With the exception of the lodge conditions, Pine Mountain is a great ski hill, awesome staff members, and good times. The pros outweigh the cons.