by: Pierre - 27th February 2011

Good Daycare & snow
length of runs

My wife and I have been going to Nubs Nob (and to Boyne Highlands) for 4 years, for 2 of those we have had our son stay at Nubs Cubs. We could not be happier with the Day Care service. It has a family type feel where the staff is all about your child versus a "we will watch your child so you can ski" attitude. They even remembered our son from the previous season. We have used the Demo program several years and been happy with the staff working in the demo shop, however I would recommend doing your homework and knowing what skis your would like to demo since you will find varying opinion on skis from the staff and some them are snowboarders (but still very helpful). The last time we went we did a day at Nubs and a day at Highland. There was a definite difference in the quality of the snow between the two. Nubs seems to try groom every inch of snow on the main trails, Highlands had several runs that were not or were partially groomed. The runs at Nubs are shorter than the Highlands but the layout of the lifts at Nubs make it easier to move around the hill. We normally ski the main part of the hill until 10:00 am then move over to Pintail Peak once people start showing up. The glades at Nubs are definitely better than glades across the street. I would say lunch at Pintail is the way to go, you get what you pay for (in a good way) with the sandwiches. My only complaint about Nubs is that they do not have the length to there runs that there neighbor has but it seems that most of the people on the hill are skiers versus wanna be skiers.