Best Customer Service in Ski Shop

by: Nancy Ibarra - Dec 29, 2013

Pros: Larry in the Ski Shop is tops in customer service.

Cons: Hour long lines to buy lift tickets, additional waiting in line to get equipment rentals.

We arrived at Mt Brighton an 10:50 AM and an hour and 10 minutes later we got to the ticket window . A long chilly time to be in line but Mt Brighton reduced the frustration by reducing lift ticket price by $10 per lift ticket. We then proceeded to rent equipment for my grandchildren's first time skiing. Initially the rentals went quickly and we got the boots rather quickly but we had to spend more time in line to get the skis. Then my own personal ski boots cracked and broke so I went to see if I could rent ski boots and have my personal ski bindings changed to fit the rented boots. I waited in line for another hour and when I finally got to speak to someone, I was told that yes I could do this. When I went back to the rental area I rented the boots but when I asked about my getting my ski bindings changed they sent me to the ski shop. I just about lost it when I was told in the ski shop that no - there was no way my bindings could be made to fit the rented ski boots and that I would need to rent skis. Larry must have realized that facing another hour in a line was beyond me. He said he would have skis brought up from the rental area to me and he got out a chair for me to wait for everything was ready. About 15 minutes later when the rental skis were ready, Larry made sure that the man from the rental area carried the skis down the stairs for me. Larry turned a horrible day of standing in lines into a good day of skiing.