Our favorite midwestern ski resort!

by: cgehler - Feb 22, 2011

Pros: Great skiing with a personal touch

Cons: Need more non-skiing activities for young teens

Date Visited: Feb 1, 2011

My family has been skiing at Indianhead for years. It is, by far, our favorite Midwestern ski destination, and therefore our most frequent ski destination. The downhill terrain is fabulous--a great variety, and fun hills. That, and the great atmosphere and feel of the place keep us coming back. The staff is wonderful and friendly--from the desk clerks at the lodge to each and every lift operator. I really like the little touches, too--at the bottom of one of the lifts, they have "eclectic" music playing, bird feeders on the windows of the lift operator's shack, and the guy helping at the chair was really entertaining!

My one disappointment was that we noticed that the entire gaming room that was once in the main lodge is gone. We have a now-14-year-old who travels and skis with us. When my husband and I would like to sit in the sauna or enjoy an adult beverage at Dudley's in the evening, our son used to be able to go play video games and be entertained. The absence of this game room kind of put a damper on things for us this time.

BUT, that doesn't make me like the skiing and staff and atmosphere, overall, any less! It's just that, if I were to suggest one thing to improve our entire experience, it would be to please add some evening entertainment and / or activities for kids of this age group.