Sitzmark Ski Club loves Indianhead!

by: Lori Kushar - Feb 17, 2010

Pros: Helpful & friendly staff

Cons: Lodge complex needs updating

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2010

As trip leader for my ski club, Sitzmark of IL., I have to acknowledge the great work by Suzanne & Dave Nyquist that helped make this group trip a sucess. In addition to Dave & Suzanne, I would like to give special "thanks" to John in the kitchen. Our group lunch on Saturday and group dinner buffet on Sunday were both delicious and filling. He also provided a vegetarian option for 2 women in my group for the lunch & the dinner. They greatly appreciated the effort. Mother Nature deserves some credit for providing us with unheard of "spring-like" temps & blue skies in mid January. The snow was excellent and lift lines were amazingly short, despite it being MLK Jr. weekend. My group of 30+, was a mix of singles, couples & families (skiers & boarders). All had a great weekend and want to return next year for not only the skiing but the Brewski fesival as well. What a blast! The only thing I will change will be our accomodations. The units across from the main lodge were very old and too cramped for the families. A few had odd odors. Next year we will opt for the trailside condos which appear better suited for our needs. Looking forward to next season already. Sitzmark loves the U.P. AND Indianhead! Thanks to all the staff that made it a memorable trip.