by: mark - 6th March 2008

I agree about the Museum of Chairlifts MIS-statement. Good heavens!! Try living in Grand Rapids and having to drive 3 1/4 hours to be at Boyne! My yearly week-long trip just got scotched due to unforeseen financial junk and I am CRESTFALLEN!!! Since I cant get there on a day trip very well, my yearly jaunts to the boynes is the highlight of my year! Now I'm stuck going maybe on a weekender only to the cadillac area (sigh). Now-do the math--from south to north: quad/quad/quad/double/sixpack/triple/ramshead quad/disciples triple/disc II triple, alpine double. I go midweek--and there are NO lines ever and all the Front runs (my favorites) are SO accessible!! I agree about the blues in the front, if they were in Grand Rapids, they'd be considered double diamonds:) I actually shed a tear to know i'd likely not be able to hit boyne this year and had to settle for this local dump where I was relegated to ONE slope and could only take one hour max before being absolutely bored and tired of a decrepit and packed lift. GO BOYNE!!! whether I'm there or not--it is the BEST and I think you can tell how much i love the place considering my user name!! their lifts are just FINE---even the double on hemlock is fast!! dont believe the poster who talked about museum of chairlifts. that is utterly false!! even their slowest lifts move much faster than ANY LIFTS from Mancelona south!! (exc for the crystal clipper and a place called bittersweets Express).