Doesn't live up to the hype

by: James - Jan 20, 2014

Pros: 60 runs in the daytime, if you like history the worlds oldest chairlift is here, kids enjoyed the waterpark

Cons: 70% of the terrain closed after 4pm(3 of ten lifts operating, even on a holiday weekend) long lines, double black diamonds are dubious rating, none of the employees I talked to could tell me which lift was the worlds oldest, i had to ask other skiers.

I travelled here on the holiday weekend with my family of four to ski. Since I was travelling on Saturday I didn't get there till 1pm. Holiday ticket rates for the afternoon and evening was over $60 per ticket. After paying holiday ticket prices and waiting in long lines in the afternoon, lifts started closing at 4pm. Only 3 out of the ten lifts stayed open for evening skiing, making the lines even longer. I obviously wasn't the only one still trying to get some skiing in. I was very frustrated that the resort would not schedule more than 3 lifts to be open on a holiday weekend. Could not find anyone with authority to air my complaint too, the reply of staff was that they didn't have any control over scheduling. I was so frustrated with my Saturday skiing experience that I drove my family from Boyne Mountain to Nubs Nob for skiing on Sunday. I got the impression that this resort is more about the indoor waterpark than skiing. If skiing is your main objective choose a different resort.