Great time at Boyne

by: oncewas - Jan 24, 2011

Pros: Great for beginner / or advanced / friendly staff

Cons: Had to come home, 7hr drive

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2011

This was my first attempt at actual sking. I took a lesson on my first day. The instructor must have been great, as I was sking the blue intermediate on my 3rd day. We took 2 inexperienced snowboard/skiers and 2 experienced snowboarders. Everyone had a great time. Two of them enjoyed it so much they played hookey a day to stay longer. There is something here for everyone, it looked like a really great place for families with very young skiers. At times I watched in amazement as 4-6 year olds would come flying down the hill. My wife is an experienced skier and she enjoyed sking the trails. I did not feel it was overly crowded even though we were there on a holiday weekend. Tuesday after the holiday we were making 6-7 trips per hr on the mountain express. I would recomend this place to anyone, families with the young kids should really like it here. I'm "so old" now that my night life was was coming back to the condo, drinking some beer and watching tv. Great for me but I don't know about the young and single crowd. Saturday the hotel appeared to be quite lively. I had a burger at the pub with corned beef on the burger and 1000 island dressing. I would try one if you go.