Seriously, why haven't I been coming here for years?!

by: snowpirate - Mar 20, 2011

Pros: Great food, booze, band, lodging and SICK grooming and parks! Get here!

Cons: My group had the best time, nada on the cons.

Date Visited: Mar 1, 2011

I've been around the midwest, and both ski and snowboard. I've been a lot of places in other parts of the country too. Me and my homies have had crazy fun more times than I will ever care to remember, and have boarded on some killer terrain. The only reason I say these things is to let you know that we are true enthusiasts. So my bros and I went to the U.P. of Michigan to try out some of the slopes up there. A couple of the guys had been up there, it was my first adventure. We got up there and kinda scoped the scene first, looked up facebook pages, that jazz. We ended up deciding we'd do the trifecta and hit one on Friday, Blackjack on Saturday and the third one on Sunday. So we did the Friday thing. That's for a different review. Day 2. Blackjack. Wow, these guys do it right. Nothin way too over the top, but a great Apres ski feel. Live band and super bartenders were entertaining to say the least. Place was packed. Oh, the skiing. Man, the groomers must have painted a picture out there. March skiing had my expectations lower, but this was no Spring skiing. The hill was immaculate! Those groomers know their art! And did I mention 3 terrain parks? Not the silly kind that are like 4 features that haven't been cared for, I mean 3 very well planned terrain parks. Im getting long winded, but you get the point. Families were having a blast too. They had this trampoline thingy with bungee cords hooked to the kids inside the chalet. One more thing, super nice people. All of them. Thanks for reading, try em out and you'll be posting here too. Oh, one more thing, they sell $99 season passes this month. 3 of us bought em just because it didn't make sense not to. Last thing. We had such a great time that we did Blackjack on Sunday too and skipped the other one. The scene was great!