Bittersweet Ski Area Review

by: anonymous_user - Jan 28, 2008

Date Visited: Jan 28, 2008

I have skiied in Michigan (and out west) for over 35 years. This is the first year I've had the pleasure to ski at Bittersweet. I arrived here as part of my daughter's school ski club, and am very impressed by everything Bittersweet has to offer.
The snow is great, and given that they suffered 60 degree temperatures followed by rain the first week of January, I was surprised how quickly their snow-making rebounded.
The number of "kids" that ski here is amazing, and it makes me feel good to them exercising and enjoying winter, instead of hanging around at the mall, or playing video games. The number of lifts provided by Bittersweet offsets the crowds and makes a day of skiing just that; skiing, not waiting in a lift line!
The lifts all work, the attendants are cheerful and helpful, the lodge is clean and comfortable, parking is close to the lifts and there is night skiing. If anything could be improved, it would be the amount of lighting at night. Some areas of the trails are rather dark.
The hills aren't as long as the mountains up north, but then the gas bill to get there isn't as big either!
I think Bittersweet is great.