by: Debello - 15th February 2010

Fast Lines; Slopes weren't Crowded
Slow Rental Process; Steep Slopes off lift

First off I'm a new skiier and rated at mid to high intermediate by my instructors. I found the runs fun and a little challenging. I could have found them a lot more challenging but I'm not skiing without a partner yet and my ski buddies only wanted to go down greens and a blue or two. So I didn't see all of the slopes first hand. I did have loads of fun though and we even paved through a non-groomed area which was a first for me. The worst thing I can say about the slopes (being new I don't know if this is always the case but at the top of chair lift 1 and 2 the snowboarders congregated in a line across the ENTIRE hilltop leaving very little space if any at times for someone trying to go downhill. Is there ever a point that the people running the slopes tell them to go downhill? The second worst thing would be to get to chair lift 1 & 2 you need to take a rope or carpet. I always took the rope but was forced at times to go down the bunny slopes at less than halfway up because people (teenagers and children) would fall down while holding the rope and sit in the path. Not as big of a problem if you don't have issues with taking chair lift 3 or the express but those drop you off at a very steep angle which would have caused me to most likely injure myself or hit the wall of snowboarders. I will say for the amount of people that were there the slopes themselves were not crowded for the most part. Everyone was at the top or bottom of the hill not many were stopping and staying in the middle of the slope. Second time skiing (with knowing how at least) and I had a blast.